FAQs – Frequently asked questions – Vietnam Visa Box
We have listed below the most frequently asked questions about our airport services rendered. However, if you have any further questions, feel free to contact us. You will receive an answer shortly.
What is Vietnam visa approval letter?
Vietnam visa approval letter is an official legitimate document granted to passport holders by Vietnam Immigration authority to enter and exit Vietnam for a given period of time and to get visa for Vietnam upon airport on arrival, called Visa on arrival (VOA).
Upon airport in Vietnam, the passport holders need to show this document + passport + 1 photos size passport & pay the stamping fee to the Immigration Officers to get their visa stamped into their passport.See Vietnam visa approval letter example here
How long to get Vietnam visa approval letter?
Normally, the visa approval letter is processed and delivered to your email within two (02) working days for Tourist visa and five to seven (05 to 07) working days for Business visa (excluding Saturday, Sunday and National Holidays) after you finished your Vietnam visa application and made payment of service fee. However, Tourist visa can be requested in urgent case and get Vietnam visa approval within 2 or 4 or 8 hours. We’re able support include weekend-holiday.
(*)Note: Landing visa / Visa on arrival counter at Vietnam airport is 24/7 open so if you already have the approval letter, you can still pick up your visa at Vietnam airport on weekend.
Do i need to provide exact date of arrival?
No, you don’t need to provide exact date of arrival but your arrival should be on the date of entry stated on the visa approval or after that date. However, please note that you must exit the country before the expiry date stated on the approval letter.
The approval letter can not be amended once it is issued, so in case you wish to arrive earlier than the date stated on the approval letter. You are required to apply for a new letter of approval to update the date of arrival.
Type of visa: Single entry or multiple entry?
Please consider our advice as below to decide single or multiple entries visa.
– A single entry visa allows you enter/ exit Vietnam only one time in the visa’s valid period. It is also called visa with single use. Once your single entry visa is used, you can not enter again Vietnam with this used visa. You must apply a new one if you wish to come back Vietnam again.
– A multiple entries visa allows you enter / exit Vietnam many times as long as your visa still valid. Your multiple entries visa must be picked at the Vietnam airport in the first entry. Once the multiple etry visa stamp is available on your passport, you can enter or exit Vietnam whenever you want in any Vietnam International airports.
What is Vietnam visa exemption?
Almost all foreigners are required valid visa to enter Vietnam, but, nationals of certain countries may visit Vietnam without visa for a period of time, hereunder is the list of countries and regions that have visa exemption arrangements with Vietnam.
For a duration under 15 days of stay:
Germany, United Kingdom, France, Italy and Spain, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Norway, Belarus, Russia (Federation), South Korea, Japan
For a duration under 14 days of stay: Brunei Darussalam, Myanmar
For a duration under 21 days of stay: Philippines
For a duration under 30 days of stay: Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Laos, Cambodia, Indonesia, Kyrgyzstan (Republic)
For a duration under 90 days of stay: Chile (Republic)
In case of above citizens need to stay longer than their exemption, they should get a visa Vietnam.
British National Oversea (BNO) passport holder is not exempted from visa requirement, thus must have appropriate visas to enter Viet Nam.
For foreigner who enters Viet Nam as unilateral visa-exempted: the entry date must be at least 30 days from the previous exit as unilateral visa-exempted person. Otherwise that person is required to have approprate visa to enter Viet Nam.
What is the Stamping fee?
Visa stamping fee is the fee you have to pay upon arrival airport to get visa stamp onto your passport when you apply a visa on arrival. This fee is different from Service fee which you have to pay to third-party service as Vietnamvisabox.com to get visa approval letter.
Visa stamping fee is fixed and you can pay by cash in USD or VND or other currency, but USD is highly recommended to avoid any unexpected unbalanced exchange rates.
This fee change by lenth of stay in Vietnam, by time of entry / exit as Single or Multiples as following:
25 USD/person for less than 90 days single entry
50 USD/person from 30 days to less than 90 days multiple entries visa
95 USD/person from 90 days to less than 180 days multiple entries visa
135 USD/person for 1 year multiple entries visa
This fee is compulsory for all foreign people who traveling to Vietnam by Air and getting visa on arrival.
How do i pay for visa approval letter (Service fee)?
Once we got the request the service from you, we will send you a confirmation along with a Paypal link for payment request, you just follow the link to pay us with or without Paypal account with your Credit card / Debit card. It is secured and safe.
What can i do if i need urgent visa at weekend or holiday?
You may forget to apply Vietnam visa in advance or by some reasons, need urgently visa at weekend or holiday to fly to Vietnam. Don’t be nervous, you are at good contact. We are able to arrange this kind of services. Please follow below steps:
* Fill up visa application form as normal.
* Confirm our service and do the payment.
* Get visa stamp on arrival at Vietnam airports.
By this urgent case, Fast track service is a must to include for our smooth arrangement at airport.
What is the next step when i receive visa approval letter?
Please see below brief instructions for visa on arrival once you receive visa approval letter:
1. Print it out and show it to the airline check in desk. Its proof that you will receive a visa when you land in Vietnam.
2. Upon arrival at airport, submit your passport (the one on the visa letter), visa approval letter, 01 photo size passport, entry-exit form completed to “Landing visa / Visa on arrival counter” at airport. It is located before passport control area. Then wait for the officer to process your documents, this may take a while.
3. Be ready to get your passport back with visa. Make sure you have cash on hand to pay visa stamping fee.
4. Immigration officer will then return your passport (with Vietnam visa stamped on it) and give you a receipt.
With Vietnam visa ready, you then do passport clearance to enter the country.
Can i do visa extension while my visa expire?
It is possible to extend your Vietnam visa while you are in Vietnam. But the time and fee depending on your current visa. You need to apply it 7 – 10 working days before the expiration of your current visa.
* Original valid passport with at least 2 blank pages
* It takes 7 – 10 working days to process
* Your adress in Vietnam
Send us copy of current visa to [email protected] then we will send you the confirmation before applying.
Which airports in Vietnam to get visa on arrival?
With Vietnam Visa on arrival, visitors to Vietnam will get their Vietnam visa stamped at the Vietnam Airports.
• Hanoi city – Noibai International airport
• Ho Chi Minh city (Ex-Saigon) – Tan Son Nhat international airport
• Da Nang city – Da Nang internation airport
• Nha Trang city – Cam Ranh International airport
• Phu Quoc island – Phu Quoc international airport
• Hai Phong – Cat Bi international airport
Thus, it is applicable to air travelers only, not land or sea travelers. However, you are free to exit at any port / border gate.
Should you need further assistance or need more information for Vietnam visa, please feel free to get in touch with us by email at: [email protected] or mobile/whatapps +84836140207. We are alway at your service. Welcome to Vietnam!